Leadership consultation includes:
- Suggested verbal approaches & editing documentation memos.
- Reviewing internal policy.
- Deciding when to discipline or refer to assistance programs.
- Communicating to generate cooperation.
- Planning topic sequence in the performance meeting.
- Guidance for the employee meeting.
- Follow-thru for EAP referral/correction-plan compliance.
- Classroom and web leadership education included in selected plans.
Supervisors and managers must be competent and confident to:
- Approach employees whose behavior puts the mission at risk.
- Optimize trust by commuicating task accountability balanced with caring and concern.
- Build a positive “can do” dynamic for work teams in your organization.